Chevron and Polka-dot Mani
- Base coat. Try: OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener.
- Gold nail polish. Try: CND Nail Colour in Gold Chrome.
- Aqua striping nail polish. Try: It’s So Easy Stripe Rite Paint in Aqua.
- Top coat. Try: Poshe Super Fast Drying Top Coat.
- Dotting tool or bobby pin. Try: Sephora Collection Nail Art Set.
- Apply the base coat and two to three coats of the gold nail polish. Tip: To speed up the drying process, Rosie says, “I apply thin coats, and leave each coat for about a minute or so before moving onto the next.”
- Create the chevron design on three of your nails. Paint a zigzag pattern across each with the aqua striping nail polish. Place both wrists on a table when creating the lines to help keep your hands steady. The lines should be as identical as possible to get the right effect. Tip: ”Getting the first zigzag [line] right is the most important,” Rosie says. “When you’re following it [for the subsequent lines], if it’s crooked, you have to go with it. Then the rest of the design will be crooked.”
- Pour a bit of the aqua nail polish on a paper plate or piece of plastic. Then dab your dotting tool or the tip of a bobby pin into the polish. Create perfect dots on your remaining nails. The chevron design is time-consuming, so applying dots on two of five nails will make the overall look more manageable and fun. Tip: To make the dots appear more uniform, Rosie says she uses the first line of dots to form a kind of grid.
- Wait five minutes for your nails to dry before applying the base coat.